Sunday, October 5, 2008

Who are you supporting in the upcoming election?

I just don't get it. My Liberal Democrat friends are sending me emails to sign petitions to get Sarah Palin to step down from the ticket - due to her inexperience. Yes, you read it right - my Liberal Democrat friends.

Why in the world are my Liberal Democrat friends sending me this? If you think she is that inexperienced and that clueless wouldn't you want to see her on the ticket? You would think they would be motivated to keep her on the ticket. Do you really want her to step down so John McCain can bring in someone more experienced. If you're assuming Obama is going to win why is this of concern?

And why are you wasting space in my inbox when we all know this is not going to happen? - Palin stepping down.

So here is the response I have been offering these people:

"I am not even going to read this. You should be working to get Obama elected, not wasting your time on Palin if this is how you feel."

But I do find fun and humor in this and it brings me quite a chuckle. Why? Because we live in a world where everyone seems to point the finger, pass the blame and discount people's value rather than work towards fixing the problems, creating new opportunities and being innovators and agents for change. This happens in politics, business and personal relationships - and just another example of why I encourage people to avoid the negative ones when I am delivering a keynote speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment