Monday, October 6, 2008

I Have A Vision To Speak About How Fun It Is To Ride A Bicycle

Yep, that's what I want to do. I want to tell people how much fun it is to ride a bicycle. I don't want to promise them how they can lose weight or get that perfect body; that would be telling a lie. I just want to tell people how much fun bike riding is. I could go on and on about the benefits of bike riding, but I won't.

But I do have a dream...........riding my bike cross country and promoting the fun aspects of being outdoors; motivating people to put down the Blackberry and meet me on Newberry; encouraging them to blow off a few meetings and join me for fun in Hastings; to leave the office early one day and bicycle around Crystal Bay. And for the kids reading this, get away from the Wii and come say Wheeeeeeeeee!!!

Yep, I have a vision of meeting people all across the United States and having them join me for segments of this ride. These people are not athletes. These people are not cyclists. These are everyday people who need to be reintroduced to the great outdoors. That is my vision - well at least today.

I know many of you are thinking how cool! Others are thinking Rich has gone off the deep end. Who has the time and how will I support myself and what about the dogs and.................

I know you are thinking this. Some of you are thinking this because it is not your dream; your vision; we never get other's dreams and visions. This is how most people think; always looking for what is wrong with an idea and not focusing on the possibilities. This is why organizations hire me to keynote their conferences and meetings; to get people thinking about the possibilities; about how they need to change their ways of thinking in order to be more successful; to figure out their role in the overall vision of the organization; to provide fun and motivational tools to get them to engage and produce.

So as for supporting myself. What if I got an organization to support my ride?
  • How about a bicycle manufacturer?
  • How about an organization that is working towards "greening" the planet?
  • How about a sports energy drink company?
  • How about a parent's organization?
  • How about Parks & Recreation?
  • What if I got donations?
  • How about a clothing company?
  • Maybe the PTA would have an interest?
  • How about...............
  • What if........

The possibilities are endless.

But what this is really about is your dream. What is your dream? What's your great idea. What is the direction where you would like to see your life, your career, or your business head? What needs to change in your office? Where do you need some more fun in your life? What steps have you taken to make your dream or vision occur? Have you taken a step today? Did you take one yesterday?

Don't just read these questions answer them. Even better yet sit down with a pen and paper or your boss and spend fifteen minutes. It could be the best fifteen minutes you spend this week.

Organizations thrive when visions come to life.


1 comment: