Thursday, August 21, 2008

How To Start A Rumor

Today I offer you a lesson in how to start a rumor.

Step 1: Observe or question something of which you are not certain.
Step 2: Find the nosiest person you can find and ask their thoughts on what you observed. I know there is an office or neighborhood gossip within earshot of you right now.
Step 3: Do not ask the person you observed what they did or what happened. I mean let's face it; that would be the right thing to do.
Step 4: Sit back and watch what happens


Try it today. Try it in your office. Try it at home. Try it at your next social or professional networking event. Try it with your neighbors.

It's amazing how many people are getting fired, overdosed on drugs, are cheating on their spouse, are alcoholics or gamblers, are not capable of maintaining a relationship, are stealing and not telling the truth. With all these terrible people amongst us, we should consider ourselves fortunate to be in the state that we are in.

The other night I watched a neighbor being loaded into an ambulance. I went over to see if I could do anything, like offer the family member a ride to the hospital. I also found out what was actually going on. You'd be shocked at what people had told me they heard by the next morning.

When asked what happened I suggested they go ask and get the real answer direct from the source; because that's how rumors otherwise get started.

Stay tuned until tomorrow; I'll be writing about how to not become a rumor.

No comments:

Post a Comment