Sunday, August 10, 2008

Everything was great except................

I was entertaining yesterday; professional colleagues. And it was an international event, as we had some colleagues from The Netherlands join us.

So Hans comes out of the bathroom and stops to talk to me in the kitchen. He is telling me what a lovely home I have, but this is killing the Feng Shui. This meaning my knife holder below:



I chuckled. This knife holder was a gift from a relative; and here is what I have found; people either like it or they are horrified. I think Hans liked it (and I really liked Hans and his lovely wife); I also saw the irony that he chose the word "killing"the Feng Shui.

But where was I and what was the point? Oh wait.................... Have you ever told someone they did a great job...........except? Has anyone ever given you a complement only to end with a criticism? Sucks, right?

Try using the word unusual? Hmmm......well that is unusual? I have found it does several things, removes any defensive attitude, creates for conversation, and keeps me out of trouble.

Unusual. Try incorporating it into your vocabulary next time you're about to criticize someone or something.

And speaking of Feng Shui and something unusual.......................

Do you have a home office? A friend/colleague of mine is offering to help you make that space someplace you look forward to being - and she is doing it for free. I bought Linda's services a few years ago and after doing a little Feng Shui of my office I had one of the most productive work periods in a long time. What she is offering is not about Feng Shui, but something much cooler - and again it is Free; so check out what Linda Varone is offering by clicking here. I am planning on being there!

No comments:

Post a Comment