Friday, December 12, 2008

Recessions Lead To Truths, Lies and Mixed Messages

The other day I was having a conversation with a local real estate agent. He told me his business is booming. A little later on in the conversation he mentioned he was going to take on a second job doing some catering with a friend since nothing is going on. I'm confused; business is booming and you need a second job?

A colleague of mine says she is booked solid in 2009, but she's not attending a holiday event with her peers - it costs too much. I'm again confused.

The postmaster at my local post office just told me things we booming for the USPS; that was a week ago. This morning he told me that the post office is looking at cutting the hours of smaller offices; seems that business is bad at the US Post Office and has been for a while. I'm confused.

Are these lies? Are these mixed messages? Is it wishful thinking? Do people not know what they are talking about? Are people just trying to impress others?

Well with all this nonsense going on I have made a decision................

The only people I am listening to these days are the ones who are telling me things are tough, getting tough, or have been tough for a while. I think they may be the only ones telling the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment