Monday, January 12, 2009

So I decided to listen to a health expert and...............

I've got this cold; a pretty bad one. Yesterday morning it wasn't so bad; so I took the advice of the health expert on some morning show.

He was talking about how you should push yourself to go exercise when cold and flu season is upon us; even when you're feeling under the weather (by the way, what does feeling under the weather really mean?)

Well that was the motivation I needed. So I tossed my snow shoes into the car, queued up my favorite disco play list on the MP3 player, and headed over to the local golf course. Over hill and dale, up and down big ole hills (the course is built into a mountain), and in and out of tree lined greens I went; recreating for about one hour. As an aside, I like to call it fun and recreation; exercise is anything but fun.

Last night as I wheezed, coughed, sniffled and moaned, the dogs looked at me like I was a cry baby.

I've always heard to rest when I am not feeling well. But what if someone else's thoughts and views were right? What if they could propel me to better health faster? That's why I went.

On a bigger picture, what if someone else's thoughts, opinions and views could boost your business productivity, morale or creative processes? Remaining stagnant and doing nothing is equivalent to sitting in a germ laden environment hoping to get better.

Okay, so today I feel like crap; I'm weaker and tireder; but the time out on the golf course yesterday was great time to think about the week ahead rather than the weakness in my head.

What new idea have you been avoiding introducing to your life; business or personal? Is it time?

No comments:

Post a Comment