Thursday, January 8, 2009

Please do not share your anger with the customer!

Okay, maybe she was having a bad day, but the look of disgust and frustration that Sarah, the Staples Associate, exhibited during my visit this afternoon kept me biting my lip until I walked out of the store so as not to laugh out loud.

The sign on the shelf saif the item was on sale. Woo-Hoo!! Mama didn't raise a dummy. I bought the item. It rang up higher. I mentioned it to Sarah. (As an aside, use people's names when they are wearing name badges) She proceeded to tell me that I was wrong. (So much for the customer is always right?) I proceeded to suggest she go look at the sign.

She came back all bothered with the sign in her hand. Seems that sign was from last week and someone did not remove it. She proceeded to tell me she would match the price. (I was thinking, like was there another option?)

Now she is hitting the keys on the register quite hard and tossing my item in the bag; all because she had to give me $3.00?????

If that's Sarah's biggest problem I think she's got something to teach all of us. My gut feeling however is that Sarah has other issues going on. Just a gut feeling. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment