Monday, September 15, 2008

Speaking of learning……I think it should be fun and motivational!

A fun learning experience for me is a hands-on learning experience. I like to do, not just be told what to do. Now I do realize that there are different learning styles, but I’m a hands-on interactive type of guy. Please do not ask me to visit the Guggenheim; I’d rather eat dirt. But a visit to the Liberty Science Center, where I get to press buttons and turn dials is the place for me to learn and have fun. As a speaker I recognize that people like me are sitting in the audience and always include a good chunk of fun motivational interactive pieces that get people excited and encourage them to take action; even when it is a 45 minute keynote. Seriously, who really wants to listen to anyone speak for 45 minutes?

Here’s a quick thought, at your next boring tedious staff meeting toss in a quick ten or fifteen minute interactive/creative piece. See how the tone of the meeting can change. If you need a free idea, get in touch with me, I’ll give you one.

Well enough writing for today, I need to go pack my box of interactive fun and ship it to Nebraska. Sunday I am the opening keynote speaker for the Nebraska Recreation and Park Association. I love Recreation and Park Professionals; they get paid to have fun – even though they forget sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment