Thursday, September 18, 2008

I've got a short motivational keynote and a fun idea for the Federal Reserve.

So yesterday the Federal Reserve bailed out AIG to the tune of $85 billion. Looks like Detroit is next in line to the tune of $45 billion (the number I heard on the news last evening).

Hey Federal Reserve, here is a fun idea...................Do you realize you could bail out over 433,000 families instead of just a few corporations? As a motivational speaker for business and corporations, I like to encourage organizations to change their thinking. So today, I am calling on the Federal Reserve to wake up and spread the bailout in a manner that is fair and equitable.

Here is my idea.............

Let's assume the typical family has $300,000 in debt between mortgage, credit cards, car leases/loans and student debt. If you took that $130 billion and cleared the debt of those people you would have helped over 433,000 people. There would be fun and laughter in the streets.

Now for those of you looking at the humor in all this, please don't; I think this could work; and you don't see McCain or Obama offering suggestions? Heck, $300,000 might even be on the high side. The Federal Reserve could probably bail out 600,000 or 700,000 families; even more fun and laughter. I could see block parties with music coming out of speakers on every corner.

This just seems like the right thing to do; after all once the bailout has occurred, in order to control costs, jobs are just going to go overseas anyway, right?

So if anyone reading this has a direct link to someone up the Food Chain at the Federal Reserve please send them this and tell them I have a fifteen minute keynote prepared just for them!

But in the meantime...............Hey Fed, I'm first in line for my bailout. Anyone want to be number 2? Feel free to hit the comments button below.

No comments:

Post a Comment