Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Life Answer Provided By The Magic Bullet

Several years ago when I awoke in the middle of the night I bought a Magic Bullet off a 3:00AM infomercial. It's a chopper, grater, blender, and juicer all in one. This machine is being pitched to solve all of your kitchen dilemmas!

Well like anything else we get sucked into buying on television, they make it look so easy. You can make the best salsa with just a flick of the wrist. You can make the easiest chicken salad with just the flick of a wrist. My flick of a wrist usually resulted in Salsa Soup and Chicken Salad Puree!

For years I would sit and watch that infomercial trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Not being much of a TV watcher I tend to surf through the channels; and anytime I saw that Magic Bullet commercial I stopped. This is going to be the time I figure it out.

Want some Puree? There's a vat of it in my kitchen.

So the other night there it is again.........the Magic Bullet. Once again I am analyzing the scenario. I've got the cup. I'm using the right blade. I'm chopping the pieces into the sizes they seem to be using. I'm flicking my wrist like theirs. Why am I getting Salsa Soup?

Now it's time for the Chicken Salad; into the cup, twist on the blade.

WAIT!!! STOP!!!!!

The Cup! The Cup!

I've been using the big cup (must be the bigger is better mentality in my sub-conscious)! They're using the small cup.

I ran downstairs at 11:00 PM. There were leftover chicken drumsticks in the fridge! Rip them apart. Drop them in the small cup. Put in some mayo. Flick. Flick.

CHICKEN SALAD!!!!! (a little mushy, but not puree!)

The answer was right in front of me the whole time; I was just looking in the wrong place; at the wrong pieces.

What answers are you looking for in the wrong place? What answers are right in front of you, but your focus is somewhere else? Maybe the real value of the Magic Bullet is to teach us how to solve life dilemmas by looking for the right pieces?

No comments:

Post a Comment