Wednesday, September 17, 2008

But that is how this Motivational Speaker does business!

So I get a call yesterday from a credit card processing company; starting to tell me that my current credit card processor is ripping me off. I decided to have some fun with this woman and here is how the conversation went:

Rich: Do you know who my credit card processor is?

Lady: No, but next year all customers of credit card processing companies will see their fees more than double and we can help you.

Rich: (thinking every one's fees?) So everyone is going to double but you? Listen, if you would like to send me information in the mail I would be more than happy to take a look at it.

Lady: We do not mail information.

Rich: Well I don't make decisions based on phone calls, so you can either mail me something or take me off your call list.

And then I nearly blew a gasket!

Lady: That is not how we do business, but tomorrow a representative will be in your neighborhood....

Rich: (I cut her off) That is not how you do business? (I started laughing) Well guess what, that is not how this Motivational Speaker does business either; and if you would like me as your customer it would be in your best interest to listen to how I do business, rather than tell me how you do business. So thank you for the call, but most importantly thank you for giving me something fun to speak about when I address customer service in my next keynote.

No comments:

Post a Comment