Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Now this is what you call Customer Service?

Met a colleague for breakfast this morning. We were sitting drinking our coffee and brainstorming. On the table was a little bowl of creamers; enough to bathe in. (As an aside, what is the deal with those things anyway? Why is it that some have to be kept cold while others can sit on the sidewalk on a brutally hot summer day alongside that fried egg?And do restaurants really know which is which and why? And what about the supply we find in hotel rooms? Should I be looking for cobwebs; you never know how long those have been sitting next to that in room coffee maker?)

But anyway, I digress.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the waitress serving the table behind us barreling down the aisle. She whizzes by, puts her hand out, scoops up our little bowl of dairy delites and drops them off at the next table.

Ed and I looked at each other in amazement. Wasn't sure if he was shocked, appalled or confused.

I just laughed. I guess my quota of free refills had been reached.

1 comment:

  1. We all get a little low at times and we then feel life is too much. Even wise people have such low tides and even the Saints experience what is known. The difference is that while it is just moodiness for ordinary individuals, for the enlightened, it is the game of hide-&-seek.

    keynote speaker

    ReplyDelete