Saturday, February 21, 2009

Are you hanging out with Recessionaries and participating in the Recession? I hope not.

I keep hearing about this Recession, yet I'm still not seeing it???
  • I had to wait 30 minutes for a table last night in a restaurant. At 9:00 the place was still packed
  • The roads are as congested as ever; if not more congested? Are people getting up in the morning and driving to the companies that laid them off just to say hi?
  • The line to check out at one of my favorite stores was ten deep the other day and there seemed to be more than enough help at the register
  • The company who normally turns my marketing materials around in two days has not delivered my proof yet - it's been a week? They're swamped with work; so they tell me.
  • I booked two engagements this week at my normal fee
  • One friend booked a cruise; another a week in the Caribbean; a third to South Africa

So this leads me to a few questions:

  1. Am I just hanging out with the right people?
  2. Are service organizations staffing down to give the appearance of being busy?
  3. Are companies trying to move forward and ignoring the craziness that is Wall Street and Washington?
  4. Are the travel deals so good that I better do some surfing as soon as I post this blog entry.


I really am trying not to participate in this Recession. Would you join me?

1 comment:

  1. ive been thinking the same thing! i thought it was just me. Quite clearly its all just been slightly hyped up by the media as usual

    ReplyDelete