Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Where Does The Motivational Speaker Do His Social Networking?

He goes to the National Speakers Association Annual Convention!

Tomorrow I leave to go get my dose of energy; off to NYC to be with colleagues and friends; to learn, laugh and network. It's an event I attend every year and one that I would not miss.

To me this is social networking - being with people. Now I'm not knocking MySpace and Facebook and all the other sites out there which are classified as social networking, because we all have definitions of social networks; mine just happens to involve face-to-face human contact; not sitting behind a computer being someone I think I am or wished I look like. (Those of you posting pictures of yourself from 20 years ago know what I mean!)

There are so many associations, groups, organizations and clubs out there. There are tons of opportunities to get inspired, meet new people, educate yourself, or become better at your job. The internet is a great place to start searching.

I always chuckle when I meet other speakers who are not part of any professional association. I wonder how they could actually speak to associations and not be a part of one? Seems out of touch.

There's a group out there waiting for you to arrive; waiting for the value you provide. I know it. No matter what line of work you're in, there's a group of professionals waiting to meet you. Find them. Meet with them. Spend time with them. And then we can share that feeling of being re-energized!
------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy Rich's Writings?

How about donating to his caffeine addiction?

Latte Pic

Click below and buy Rich a latte?




No comments:

Post a Comment