Monday, March 16, 2009

A Trip To The Dog Park

Feeling a bit uninspired today I decided to take an hour off and take the dogs down to the local dog park.

It was our first time there and I didn't know what to expect. What does one do at a dog park? What do you bring? What if the other dogs start making fun of my dogs? What if my dogs are chosen last when teams are chosen? So many questions; not many answers.

Well I guess you just let dogs do what they do - sniff, romp, sniff, run, sniff, bark, sniff and sniff. Owners have small talk until some one's "child" gets a bit aggressive and then you take corrective action while the other kids still try to sniff.

Well five of us were there with our "kids", having a good time, when the grounds person showed up. He was on the cell phone with someone who apparently was ordering him to order us to move our dogs to the far end of the fenced in area so that the grass would have a chance to grow.

"You really think you're gonna grow grass at a dog park and actually expect the dogs to stay in one area until it grows? This is a dog park. The dogs run all over." said Daisy's mom.

Go get em Daisy's mom!!!

His response was that he needed to grow grass. (Just doing his job obviously; no matter how much truth there might be to her comments.)

I could only chuckle as I watched my dog doing that digging scratching tearing up the grass thing that dogs do after they do "their business".

The man didn't see me. I took my children home before we were asked never to come back. And here I thought I had found an option to saving my grass. Oh well.

4 comments:

  1. Humorous motivational speakers could make you fun and relieves your mind from stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A humorous speech can in fact soothe your minds and the role of such motivational speakers is really prize worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun day out! a good motivational speaker speech for a later date then :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Humorous motivational speakers could make you fun and relieves your mind from stress.

    ReplyDelete