Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Little Things Really Do Go A Long Way

I walked into my hotel room the other day and there was a bag on the bed. Inside was a card welcoming me to a Recreation and Park Society Conference. I was their opening keynote speaker later that afternoon. Inside that bag was also an assortment of my favorite candy - Marshmallow Peeps. After I delivered the keynote I was thanked with more Peeps.


On Monday I delivered a leadership session and a Recess from the way we think session. At the end of each I was showered with more of my favorite candy.


Yes, I was a paid presenter. Yes, they treated me like a celebrity - making sure everything was set up the way I needed, including me in all of the social activities, etc. But it was those Peeps that meant the world to me. That someone took the time to get to know me as we developed a relationship/partnership during the last year. Thanks Daphne, Tony and Audrey.


It really doesn't take a lot to make someones day - even in these times when finances might be tough. It doesn't take a lot at all. So with that in mind....................


Do you have the opportunity to do a little thing today or tomorrow for someone else. Go for it! And make it a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment